INACITY (an acronym for INvestigate and Analyze a City) is a platform that aims to combine urban imagery and Computer Vision into a modern Geographic Information System. It was designed to be scalable in the sense that coupling different imaging platforms, GISes databases and Computer Vision filters can be easily done.
We make available a docker-compose.yml file that can be used to instantiate a docker container to hold INACITY's server and another one to hold the postgreSQL database used by INACITY.
- A working docker instalation.
- Share ./INACITY/django_website folder with docker's user (assuming one is available) or at least making the folder writable to docker containers.
- Create a copy of the file ./INACITY/django_website/django_website/settings_secret_template.py (Notice that you should access the inner 'django_website' folder inside the outer 'django_website') at the same folder with the name settings_secret.py and fill the fields as requested.
You can get a signing key for Google Street View services here.
Steps to create and run the containers
- (optional) Edit docker-compose.yml setting up exposed/published ports and/or database name/credentials. Notice that if database settings are changed then it'll be necessary to make reflect those changes at the file ./INACITY/django_website/django_website/settings.py as well (look for the variable DATABASES).
- Go to the folder ./INACITY/django_website
- Run 'docker-compose up'
By default INACITY will be running at localhost:80 and postgreSQL will be exposed at port 25432 to the host machine.