A raspberry pi based streamer box
Our Raspberry Pi Setup Guide walks you through setting up your pi to attach to a wireless network and start streaming ARTxFM!
Optional code to do cool stuff
"checkin -- Run periodically to report status and turn LED on/off. checkin.py
"voulmed" -- Program to monitor the volume pot and adjust the audio output level. See VOLD
"ledctl" -- Program that can turn our awesome LED on and off. See LED
The boxes we are building at ARTxFM are designed to checkin with a server.
Features of hypothetical ARTxFM box
- Connects to local wifi and streams ARTxFM.
- Audio output through 3.5mm stereo jack
- Standard 2 prong plug for power.
- Has LED that lights up when some sort of ARTxFM special event is going on.
- Periodically checks in with a web service to find out if it should update itself or turn on/off its special event LED.
- Basic web UI that lists all the known boxes with their check in history.
Originally we had a volume control knob, but in practice this is not useful. Just having the pi on max volume is fine for hookup to all the amplifiers that we have tried.
- Raspberry Pi
- SD card
- WiFi module (~$12)
- power supply
- panel mount 3.5mm female stereo jack
- LED for "awesome activity"
- misc resistors
And if you want to add a knob...
- ADC chip (eg, MCP3008)
- nice knob for the pot
- panel mount pot (volume control)
small breadboard for adc and mix wiring