Laptop is a script to set up a laptop (Mac OS X, Ubuntu) for Rails development.
Mac OS X
1) Install a C compiler.
Use OS X GCC Installer for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6).
Use Command Line Tools for XCode for Lion (OS X 10.7) or Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8).
Run the script:
bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/arunkarthick/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- Ack for finding things in files
- Bundler gem for managing Ruby libraries
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries
- ImageMagick for cropping and resizing images
- Rails gem for writing web applications
- Ruby 1.8.7 stable for writing general-purpose code
- RVM for managing versions of the Ruby programming language
It should take less than 15 minutes to install (depends on your machine).