Screenshot as a service with phantomJS headless browser
This is a small utility which makes a webservice to render the screenshot of any page. Credit goes to @trevordixon for his awesome express like router
- Assuming that you have phantomJs installed
git clone https://github.com/arunkjn/screenshot-service.git cd screenshot-service phantomjs server.js "YOUR_PORT_HERE"
A server will start on your specified port, 8000 is the default port used.
You can send a POST request now to YOUR_IP:PORT with the following options and get back a base64 encoded png image
- url = "some_url" This parameter is required
- timeout = "timeout in milliseconds to allow the page to load" defaults to 1000ms
- width = "width of browser window" defaults to 1366px
- height = "height of browser window" defaults to 768px