To Be Used as Truffle Box Creating API Endpoints for Ethereum Blockchain.
We use personalised blockchain for Ethereum BlockChain Development. This personalised blockchain is made in the GanacheCLI.
The Smart Contract Written in solidity language is deployed on this Ethereum Blockchain. Smart Contract is Immutable hence, once deployed it can't be changed.
A truffle box to serve as the foundation of any Truffle and Express.js dApp.
This Box Uses NodeJS(Express JS) to provide API endpoints to the Ethereum Blockchain smart contract so that this smart contract can be used in Android Apps as well.
- Install Truffle and Ganache CLI globally. If you prefer, the graphical version of Ganache works as well!
npm install -g truffle npm install -g ganache-cli
- Download the box. This also takes care of installing the necessary dependencies.
truffle unbox arvindkalra/express-box
- In one terminal window run the Launch GanacheCLI
ganache-cli -i 666
- To prevent creating a new network id everytime, we have set a default network key in the truffle config file.
- To change that, simply go to the 'truffle.js' file and change the network_id from '666' to " * " and to Launch GanacheCLI
- Install all the node modules required by running:
// install all the node modules using npm npm install
or if you prefer yarn
//install all the node modules using yarn yarn install
- Open another terminal window in the project repository and compile all the smart contract(which can be found in the '/contracts' folder).
You can see that a new
/buildfolder has been created in the root directory which contains the compiled contracts.
Now these contracts need to be deployed on the Blockchain. For this,
truffle migrate --network development
- If you changed the network_id to " * " in Step 1, you can run
- To run the Express server
- In the browser window open