Obtaining symbol files (.PDB) for SQL Server Releases
This section contains PowerShell scripts which automate the download and extraction of .PDB files corresponding to major releases of SQL Server. For running any of these scripts, please note the following:
- You must run them within PowerShell
- You must have Internet access from the machine running the PowerShell script
- You must first replace the <somepath> placeholder with a path to a directory (for example, N:\sqlsymbols\SQL2016SP1)
- The script will automatically create the folder and a subfolder (called 'extracted') where the downloaded PDB files are stored.
- FYI: The downloaded PDB is actually compressed in CAB format so we expand them at the end to their actual .PDB form.
Please click on one of the links below depending on the major version of SQL Server that you are looking at: