ARX - Open Source Data Anonymization Software
ARX is a comprehensive open source software for de-identifying sensitive personal data. It has been designed from the ground up to provide high scalability, ease of use and a tight integration of the many different aspects relevant to data anonymization. Its highlights include:
- Utility-focused anonymization using different statistical models
- Syntactic privacy models, such as k-anonymity, ℓ-diversity, t-closeness and δ-presence
- Semantic privacy models, such as (ɛ, δ)-differential privacy
- Methods for optimizing the profitability of data publishing based on monetary cost-benefit analyses
- Data transformation with generalization, suppression, microaggregation and top/bottom coding as well as global and local recoding
- Methods for analyzing data utility
- Methods for analyzing re-identification risks
The software is able to handle very large datasets on commodity hardware and features an intuitive cross-platform graphical user interface. You can find further information on the project website.
ARX (C) 2012 - 2018 Fabian Prasser, Florian Kohlmayer and Contributors.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
ARX uses external libraries. Their licenses are listed in the respective folders.