THIS GEM IS OBSOLETE! TOUCH IS NOW BUILT IN MONGOID (since 3.0.0)! THE REPO WILL STAY ONLY FOR HISTORICAL REASONS.
Reference in mongoid: lib/mongoid/persistence.rb
A tiny mongoid extension to provide the
touch method known from ActiveRecord to Mongoid::Document.
(Or install it with
gem install mongoid_touch and then require it:
class MyModel include Mongoid::Document include Mongoid::Timestamps include Mongoid::Document::Touch # ... your code ... end
.touch can have an optional parameter for your custom Time based field, otherwise it will try to use the
updated_at field (include
Mongoid::Timestamps::Updated in your model).
.touch! if you want to get exceptions if touching fails.
Now you can use:
my_model_instance.touch my_model_instance.touch! # will raise errors if touching fails.
This will update the
updated_at field if present.
my_model_instance.touch(:modified_at) my_model_instance.touch!(:modified_at) # will raise errors if touching fails.
This will update the custom field
modified_at if present.
If the corresponding field is not present, mongoid_touch will raise a
If the object is frozen, an exception of
Mongoid::Errors::FrozenInstance is thrown.
If the underlying
update_attribute doesn't return true,
Mongoid::Errors::DocumentNotUpdated is thrown (unless mongoid itself throws an error).
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Christoph Grabo. See LICENSE.txt for further details.