Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Freehub Project
Freehub is free and open source software developed by the San Francisco Bike Kitchen to track membership and visits to the shop.
Check the News page for Freehub news and updates.
Freehub is hosted on the web at http://freehub.bikekitchen.org and is free to use. You need only a web browser to sign up and use it. To use it in your shop you need internet access there.
All data you enter into Freehub is be available for export in spreadsheet format so if you decide to stop using Freehub you can get your data out.
Freehub is simple. That means that it should be easy to understand, use, maintain and enhance. It also means that it does just a few things – not everything you may hope that it would.
We are very open to suggestions and requests from users of Freehub and are also interested in software development help from folks outside of the San Francisco Bike Kitchen.
In order to keep Freehub easy to use and understand we need to keep it simple and focused.
- A database of members and the services they have access to
- A sign in system for use at the front desk of the shop
- Reporting tool for looking at shop use, membership status,…
Freehub is not:
- A broadcast emailer – Freehub will not send emails to your members or patrons
- An accounting tool – we do not track money in Freehub
- An inventory tool – we do not track tools or parts in Freehub
- An point of sale system – we do not track shop sales in Freehub
Feedback & Support
Please send comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Freehub Support page provides information on how to get the help you need.
For Developers / Open Source
Freehub is built with the Ruby on Rails web development framework.
The Freehub Developer Guide contains information on contributing to the development of Freehub.