ListeningTo is a .NET Web API app that provides RESTful access to Last.fm user information including:
- Recently Played Tracks
- Top Artists
- Artist Information
- Album Information
It provides two benefits over using the last.fm REST API directly
- It hides the Last.fm API key in a configuration file server side so it is not visible in the browser
- It caches last.fm information for one minute. Ensuring that there is not more than one Last.fm API call per minute violating their terms of service.
##Dates The Recent Tracks service returns a date string for the last played date. This currently returns a date string in eastern time so that I did not have to do the conversion on the client. I plan on adding the ability to specify the time zone to convert the time to in the config.
- The ability to pass the last.fm user as a parameter to REST service call (currently it pulls the last.fm user from the app config).
- Specify the timezone used to convert the UTC last played date into a local date string in the app config.
- Rhino Mocks 3.6.1
- NUnit 2.6.4
- Json.NET 6.0.6
- HTML Agility Pack 1.4.9
- LastfmClient (my last.fm REST client also on github)