Contributing to grunt-backbonebuilder
If something isn't working like you think it should, please read the documentation first.
The best way to ensure an issue gets addressed is to file it in the appropriate issues tracker.
Simplify the issue
Try to reduce your code to the bare minimum required to reproduce the issue. This makes it much easier (and much faster) to isolate and fix the issue.
Explain the issue
If we can't reproduce the issue, we can't fix it. Please list the exact steps required to reproduce the issue. Include versions of your OS, Node.js, grunt, etc. Include relevant logs or sample code.
- Fork and clone the repo.
- Check out the correct branch. Currently, the development happens in the
npm installto install all grunt-backbonebuilder dependencies.
grunt travisto test & lint the plugin.
Assuming that you don't see any red, you're ready to go. Just be sure to run
grunt after making any changes, to ensure that nothing breaks.
Submitting pull requests
- Create a new branch, please don't work in your
- Add failing tests for the change you want to make. Run
gruntto see the tests fail.
- Fix stuff.
grunt travisto see if the tests pass. Repeat steps 2-4 until done.
- Update the documentation to reflect any changes.
- Push to your fork and submit a pull request.
- Two space indents. Don't use tabs anywhere. Use
\tif you need a tab character in a string.
- No trailing whitespace, except in markdown files where a linebreak must be forced.
- Don't go overboard with the whitespace.
- No more than one assignment per
- Delimit strings with single-quotes
', not double-quotes
elseto "clever" uses of
? :conditional or
- Comments are great. Just put them before the line of code, not at the end of the line.
- When in doubt, follow the conventions you see used in the source already.