Building require.js based applications with grunt
If you haven't used grunt before, be sure to check out the Getting Started guide, as it explains how to create a gruntfile as well as install and use grunt plugins. Once you're familiar with that process, install this plugin with this command:
npm install grunt-requirejs --save-dev
Run this task with the
grunt requirejs command.
grunt-requirejs is capable of replacing require.js with almond.js automatically
For more infos please take a look at the Almond Integration document
grunt-requirejs can generate custom jQuery, Lo-Dash & Backbone.js versions during the optimization
For more infos please take a look at the Using Custom Builds document
grunt-requirejs can minify your optimized output files using an hybrid strategy utilitizing uglifyjs & closure compiler
For more infos please take a look at the Using Hybrid Builds document
Using custom r.js versions
grunt-requirejs lets you specify a custom r.js for your build
For more infos please take a look at the Using Custom r.js versions document
Using source maps
grunt-requirejs can generate sourcemaps when using the r.js v2.1.2 or higher
For more infos please take a look at the Using Source Maps document
There are some project & configuration examples to get you startet:
- Getting Started
This controls how this task (and its helpers) operate and should contain key:value pairs, see options below.
For a full list of possible options, see the r.js example build file.
- 2012-12-27 v0.3.2 Fixes issue 25 (Using almond results in “define is not defined” (when using the compiled main.js))
- 2012-12-13 v0.3.1 Fixes issue 40 (Error messages eaten by 0.3.0) Fixes issue 36 (npm issue installing grunt-requirejs 0.3.0) Fixes issue 38 (Task won't run anymore on v0.3.0) Examples are now converted to grunt 0.4.0
- 2012-12-03 v0.3.0 Major refactoring Support for custom builds Support for hybrid builds Support for custom requirejs versions Now multitask Support for removeCombined
- 2012-10-01 v0.2.14 fixes package.json dependecy versions
- 2012-10-01 v0.2.13 fixes according to the changes from the last cheerio release
- 2012-09-25 v0.2.12 fixes issue of r.js almond-based dependency mixup (added by @chrissrogers)
- 2012-09-13 v0.2.11 Fixed issue Added example projects
- 2012-09-10 v0.2.10 Fixed issue Fixed issue
- 2012-07-10 v0.2.9 Removed jQuery dependency and replaced it with cheerio Updated versions of 3rd party libs
- 2012-05-29 v0.2.8 RequireJS Version bump to 2.0
- 2012-05-29 v0.2.7 Removed npm dependency for tracing the almond file Added some informations in the readme about the almond 'wrap=true'
- 2012-05-21 v0.2.6 Added 'modulePath' configuration option for specifying your modules path Added 'modulePath' documentation
- 2012-05-20 v0.2.5 Added dual config Optimized almond integration (removed npm dependency) Readme updates requirejs isnt a multi task anymore
- 2012-05-08 v0.2.0 Removed clearTarget (use grunt-contrib clean instead) Added almond integration Added automatic almond js module script tag replacement for html files Improved documentation
- 2012-04-23 v0.1.0 Initial Release
Task submitted by Sebastian Golasch
This file was generated on Tue Dec 18 2012 15:16:16.