The problem is that I can't select multiple layers that are not adjacent on the list of layers. The only way to select multiple layers (that I know of) is dragging the selection, which forces me to handle all layers in between the ones I want.
This is what I mean (I want to select the "Braco" and "Face" layers, but not any of the others)
Yeah, that's true and that's is why I didn't close the issue 😅 I'm just working in something (#454) that might enable this Ctrl+click behavior to select multiple non-adjacent layers (as layer groups needs new special ways to handle the layer selection).
* With this patch we finally removed the LayerIndex class and member
functions to access layers by index (like Sprite::firstLayer/layerLayer
/layer/indexToLayer/layerToIndex() etc.). As layer groups can be
expanded/collapsed, it doesn't make sense to use layer index to
access layers directly from sprite.
* Now we use a layer_t (int) to access a list of browsable layers each
time we want to iterate visible layers in the timeline.
* Replaced CelsRange() and Sprite::uniqueCels() param with
SelectedFrames to iterate non-adjacent cels.
* Updated clipboard operations (copy/paste) in timeline to support
* Updated Timeline control to support selecting multiple layer/frame
ranges with Ctrl+ or Alt+click (fix#1157)
* Added more test units for DocumentRange operations (mainly for
...In the case that you want to select 1 and 3, you can click layer 1, and then press Shift+click in the 3 layer...
Oh! Thank you! I see. It seems the yellow box confused me, though I had to look at the layer line foreground and background colors.
Is it possible to deselect a particular selected layer while multiple are selected?