ALiAS: Amity Linux Assistance Sapience
- The following repo contains the source code for the official website of Amity Linux Assistance Sapience.
- The website is hosted on gh-pages itself.
- This Website uses Staticjinja to build top-level HTML files. Follow Instructions to modify the HTML Files.
- Feel free to open an issue or recommend any changes which you want to see in the website.
- Adhere to the guidelines mentioned below if you want to contribute.
- Make sure your PR contains
onelogical change only!
- In case there are multiple commits in your PR squash them into one. Ref :
- Make sure you update your REMOTE ORIGIN in case you have forked this repo :
- Once you update the forked repo make sure you
rebasethe changes and then open the PR.
- Upload Screenshot(s) or provide a link to working demo of the website while making a PR.
Create and activate a python virtual environment
Create a virtual environment (You may have to run
pip install venv)
virtualenv VENV_NAME or python -m venv VENV_NAME
Activate Environment: Linux:
Install the requirements
pip install -r requirements.txt
Run build.py to automatically build and render top level html files. (Optional: Run SimpleHTTPServer alongside for easy testing)
python build.py & python -m SimpleHTTPServer
Make your changes
Don't make any changes to top-level HTML Files. Navigate to
templates folder and make required changes in the required section/module.
Preview your result
If you are using SimpleHTTPServer, you can view the changes at localhost:8000. If not, double-clicking the rendered index.html to view the result