A pure ruby implementation of the syslog protocols: RFC3164 and RFC5424
I got fed up of the limitations of Ruby's built in Syslog library (caused by the underlying libc calls;) specifically the limitation on a single program name and facility per process.
Contributing to woodcutter
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Credits & License
Development sponsored by DigiResults.
Released under the MIT License
Copyright (c) 2011, Ash Berlin and DigiResults Ltd.