MEAN Checklist - Backend
Mongo, Express, Angular 2+ and Node.js checklist application. This is the back-end of the app. Does not include visual front-end (a separate repo found (here)[github.com]).
- Install (Node.js)[nodejs.org]
- Install (MongoDB)[https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/installation/]
- Clone this repo from GitHub into a local folder
npm installin the cloned repo folder's root
mongodin a separate terminal window to enable the database
npm run start
- Terminal should read that the back-end API is fully operational
Edits to content in the
src folder will automatically rebuild. If you need to edit content in
gulp, cancel the current process then run
npm run start to refresh the app's build pipeline.
You can edit and view the entire postman testing suite here.
WARNING: Running tests will reset the active database.
mongodin a separate window to initialize the database
npm run startto run the server in a separate window
npm run testto run the tests. Run this command as many times as you would like
- Results will be printed accordingly in the terminal
npm run serve-db-new: Boot up the server with a cleanly wiped database.
npm run serve-db-mocks: Create a new database with injected data mocks. Then run the server. For
a list of the generated mock accounts with password please see