The basic idea of this project is to provide a .NET application template that can be
- Compiled as is, so that it is easy to verify it works and update if needed
- Downloaded from any github repository, so it can be updated or forked very easily.
Currently, the project is very specific in libraries and approaches used:
- NHibernate for ORM
- MigratorDotNet for database migrations
- Autofac for IoC
- ASP.NET MVC + Razor for UI
I am considering alternate solutions, but since the
neostructure.ps1 is not bound to
my template, you can easily create, for example, a SharpArchitecture template.
The current template is not perfect in come approaches (for example, transaction support). I plan to improve on it as the time goes.
How to use
neostructure.ps1 to the empty folder where your new project should be created.
In PowerShell, execute
.\neostructure.ps1 YourNamespace ashmind/neostructure
You can actually use any github path in place of
- Rails-like codegen helpers.
- Easy alternatives within template itself (such as Mongo instead of Sql)