Boorushy2 is an image gallery/booru engine designed by asiekierka, aiming for a simple UI without the plague of hundreds of features that current engines have.
- Simple user interface focusing on the content (images) and not the buttons
- Custom, fast Redis-based database with caching - fast!
- Asynchronous file/URL upload with background image optimization to ensure the smallest filesizes at no quality loss
- Simple batch upload UI with automatic DeviantART data fill
- A full-featured, sophisticated tag search engine
- Tag and author clouds
- Built-in social button functionality that respects your freedom
- Configurable and styleable as much as you want
Install the dependencies: node.js and Redis. (Tested with node.js 0.8.x, 0.10.x and Redis 2.6.x. YMMV)
Download the Boorushy2 repository.
Create the config.json file and edit it based on config-default.json. Don't forget to:
- SET A REASONABLY RANDOM SALT - otherwise the server won't start up.
- Change the port to 80 (if you want)
- Change the admin password.
- Review all the settings two or three times. Also, please modify config.json and not config-default.json.
Install all the necessary dependencies:
$ npm install
Double-check that the Redis database server is running, then launch Boorushy2:
$ node app