Zeta is a small emulator, implementing a fraction of a DOS-compatible environment just large enough to run ZZT and Super ZZT, allowing user-friendly and accurate usage of them in modern environments, as well as easy packaging, distribution and embedding of ZZT games.
Compiling (Autotools, recommended)
./autogen.sh && mkdir build && cd build && ../configure --with-frontend=sdl2 && make
You're going to need the development headers/package for SDL2 (
sdl2-devel on Fedora,
libsdl2-dev on Debian/Ubuntu,
sdl2 on Arch, etc).
Compiling (Makefile, unsupported)
make PLATFORM=platform, where platform is generally of the form platform-frontend.
- mingw32-sdl - SDL frontend, Windows
- unix-sdl - SDL frontend, Linux
- wasm - WebAssembly library
- unix-curses - Curses frontend, Linux
On top of building the WebAssembly library, some extra files are required:
- zeta.js (renamed to zeta.min.js) - compiled by running
npm run buildin web/
- index.html, loader, libraries - available in web/res/
Zeta is available under the terms of the MIT license, as described in