My public dotfiles, lovingly grown over many years, through hours of wasted time.
git clone https://github.com/askedrelic/dotfiles.git ~/.dotfiles cd ~/.dotfiles script/bootstrap
This will symlink the appropriate files in
.dotfiles to your home directory.
Everything is configured and tweaked within
Everything's built around topic areas. If you're adding a new area to your
forked dotfiles — say, "Vim" — you can simply add a
vim directory and put
files in there. Anything with an extension of
.symlink will get symlinked
without extension into
$HOME when you run
areas of interest
- Random scripts I've written and collected
- youtube-dl - download youtube videos
- prettyJSON.py - format JSON
- findr.sh - makes GNU find much more useful for most situations
- cloc.pl - SLOC analyzer
vim/ and my .vimrc
- Reasonably organized, well commented vimrc. Vim is my main IDE, so I'm always tweaking vim.
- NERDTree - good filesystem browser
- taglist - essential source code browser
- fuzzyfinder - similar to textmate's fuzzy file finder, this is a hack of ruby scripts and fuzzyfinder vim plugin. great for finding files!
- .bash_profile should be loaded first, sets up the ENV and PATH
- .bashrc sets ENV variables and settings, loads other customizations
- .bash_aliases is shorter scripts and command aliases
- .bash_machines is shortcuts to all my machines
- input.rc has some cool hacks for viewing history and setting up the terminal