Welcome to TodoList-React-and-Express!
What does it do?
Todo-List made In React and Node.js/Express with CRUD Functionality using RESTFUL API, which means you can create/save, read, edit/update, and delete the items from the list which is connected to the database.
How to use it?
- Visit the website
- Type something in the input box, then press 'Enter' or click on the 'Add' Button
- Item will be added to the list, now you will be able to update or delete the item
- To update the item from the list Click on the 'Edit' icon
- Edit the text then press 'Enter' or click on the 'Edit' icon again
- To 'Delete' an item form the list, just click on the cross icon
Features connected with Database
- Add items
- Edit Items
- Delete items
- Cross Out Items
- Re-Order the position of Items using Drag and Drop
How does it work?
- When user comes to a website, so React makes a fetch request to the server[node.js/express]
- Node.js/Express using the SQL query, which uses the MVC Framework, makes a request to the PostgreSQL Database
- The Data is returned from the database to the server, which then displays the data in the Json format as API
- The fetch request, which was made from React, gets this Json data and then renders it to the client side in the browser
- Which allows user to read all the data stored in the database
- For 'Adding', 'Editing/Updating', and 'Deleting' the fetch request is also made, which is as similar as described above but with different Forms and SQL queries
- Thus allowing Users to use CRUD[create, read, update, and delete] Functionality
What techs are being used?
- RESTFUL API