Welcome to Azure SignalR Service
This repository contains documentation and code samples for Azure SignalR Service.
Azure SignalR Service is an Azure managed service that helps developers easily build web applications with real-time features.
The ASP.NET Core version is not a simple .NET Core port of the original SignalR, but a rewrite of the original version. As a result, ASP.NET Core SignalR is not backward compatible with ASP.NET SignalR (API interfaces and behaviors are different). If it is the first time you try SignalR, we recommend you to use the ASP.NET Core SignalR, it is simpler, more reliable, and easier to use.
For more information about SignalR, please visit SignalR official site.
If you're new to Azure SignalR Service, this repo contains useful documentation and code samples that can help you quickly get started to use this service.
To learn how to use Azure SignalR Service, you can start with the following samples:
ASP.NET Core SignalR samples
- Get Started with SignalR: a Chat Room Example
- Build Your First Azure SignalR Service Application
- Integrate with Azure Services
- Implement Your Own Authentication
- Server-side Blazor
More advanced samples are listed as below:
- Realtime Sign-in Example using Azure SignalR Service
- Flight Map: Realtime Monitoring Dashboard using Azure SignalR Service
ASP.NET SignalR samples
- Get Started with ASP.NET SignalR: a Chat Room Example
- Build Your First Azure SignalR Service Application for ASP.NET SignalR
Updates of Azure SignalR Service Runtime and SDK
We have made some changes to Azure SignalR Service Runtime, as well as Service SDK. You have to upgrade to the latest Service SDK to connect to the latest Service Runtime.
SDK for ASP.NET Core SignalR
In the latest Service SDK for ASP.NET Core SignalR, we have made the following changes:
- Dependency injection is built on top of ASP.NET Core SignalR.
- Expose a built-in authentication endpoint to issue access token. User authentication endpoint is not required any more.
- Re-design interfaces for REST API.
- Remove .NET Framework support. We plan to support .NET Framework in later releases.
SDK for ASP.NET SignalR
The first preview version of Service SDK for ASP.NET SignalR is released.