Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
You can find details on the new features and bug fixes in alpha3 at the corresponding release pages for the following ASP.NET vNext components:
- When using Core CLR on X64 platform (X64 + SVRC50) you may see a CompilationFailedException when using Razor views or a EntryPointNotFoundException when adding ASP.NET Identity authentication services for SQL Server. Please choose a different platform configuration when using these scenarios. See details for the related issues here: MVC#846, Identity#157.
- If you upgrade a previous Visual Studio installation to CTP3, when you try to publish your app you might encounter a publishing dialog box where you cannot select an existing website or the “New” button. To work around this issue delete the following assemblies from the ~\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies folder:
- To publish applications using SQL Server (e.g. MVCMusicStore App) to Azure you need to enable MARS for your connection string. Otherwise, you will get InvalidOperationException when browsing to check out an Album. See detailed issue here: EntityFramework#529.
- If you upgrade from a previous Visual Studio CTP release to CTP3, you need to refresh the project.json schema cached by previous Visual studio install to get the latest schema. To do this, after you create a ASP.Net vNext project via Visual Studio IDE, open “project.json” file, and change the URL on the top from http://www.asp.net/media/4878834/project.json to http://www.asp.net/media/4878834/project.json?reload and press enter to refresh the schema.
- When doing “KPM restore” or running ASP.Net vNext application on Windows Server 2008 R2 with Core CLR, you might encounter System.TypeLoadException. Please choose a different OS platform to try out Core CLR on CTP3. See detailed issue report here: KRunTime#517