Robot Devastation playground repository.
Experiments that could be later added to robotDevastation. Some of them may be suitable for beginners that want to start developing on robotDevastation
Originated from https://github.com/asrob-uc3m/robotDevastation/issues/31, this
README.md should work like an
- Our Abandonware
- Raspberry 3 B+: Includes cool wifi spec (2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac)!!!
- Orange Pi Lite (#12)
- We have some!
- Could be via SIM-card enabled robots (3g/5g...) or by creating a wireless mesh network similar to FireChat.
Cool robots that could be supported
- Loki (omnidirectional robot)
- miniKame (cute quadrupted robot)
- Mizu (quadruped robot)
- Ganker Robot - Omnidirectional robot with swords
Cool input devices that could be supported
- XBox controller
- Android version of Robot Devastation (just an old idea)
- Some resources:
- By having those two and YARP for Android to cover all RD dependencies, perhaps the game could be ported to Android with ``nothing more'' than a CMake cross-compile switch. See
BUILD_ANDROIDat https://github.com/robotology/yarp/compare/master...robotology-playground:yarp-android. In case the branch gets deleted: https://github.com/robotology-playground/yarp/commit/fd5eece5d7a378d19b6d78eec45dd97a9e033b00 + https://github.com/robotology-playground/yarp/commit/f47e9996d6e077f8114aa066233c87c047e0f5bb.
- More playground resources:
Augmented Reality (AR)
Ways to get AR lasers and explosions into RD.
- We could create Non-Playing Characters (NPCs, or simply bots) with Artificial Intelligence (e.g. via Reinforcement Learning). An interesting concept is that of a Computer game bot Turing Test, which indicates that Bots with above-human performance can make a game boring.
Computer vision without QRs
- Semi-Direct Monocular Odometry (SVO) GitHub Video
- Parallel Tracking and Mapping (PTAM) GitHub Video
- A Versatile and Accurate Monocular SLAM (ORB-SLAM) GitHub
- Real-Time SLAM for Monocular, Stereo and RGB-D Cameras, with Loop Detection and Relocalization Capabilities (ORB-SLAM2) GitHub
- ORBSLAM2_with_pointcloud_map GitHub
- Large-Scale Direct Monocular SLAM (LSD-SLAM) GitHub
While we mainly use the YARP plugin mechanism for Dynamic Linking plugins, here are some alternatives.
- Writing DLLs for Linux apps : http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-dll/
- Stack Overflow (C++: Dynamically loading classes from dlls) : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/431533/c-dynamically-loading-classes-from-dlls
- HowTo: Export classes from a DLL : http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/28969/HowTo-Export-C-classes-from-a-DLL
- (Burke, 2001) Creature smarts: The art and architecture of a virtual brain
- (Scholl, 2001) Object Persistence in Philosophy and Psychology
- (Isla, 2002) Object persistence for synthetic creatures
- (Gkikas, 2007) The evolution of FPS games controllers: how use progressively shaped their present design