Anti Shoulder Surfing Attack Platform (ASSAP)
ASSAP is a multiplatform tool whose aim is to stablish deffensive measures against shoulder surfing attack, technique used for getting confidential information.
The application has different security measures that can be configured by the users depending on the moment of use. ASSAP is designed to be simple to use so that anyone without knowledge can activate and use it, preventing other people from obtaining their confidential data such as passwords, bank accounts, private data, etc.
The size of the application window is small in order not to disturb user work. Furthermore, it is draggable to place it where least bothers in each moment.
The user will have ASSAP window over the other ones to know what is happening behind him.
The application can be stopped if the user does not need the security feature.
When the Shoulder Sourfing Attack is detected, the tool executes an action. There are several actions that can be configured, as shown below:
- Reduce Brightness
- Lock Screen
- The application detects the faces in different positions and even if someone is hidden behind a hand.
- Notification sent after detecting shoulder surfing.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine.
It's necessary to have
node (>9) and
(It has been tested with
node 9.11.2 and
Check installed Versions
npm -v node -v
Linux & Mac
Install Python 2.7 (https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.15/python-2.7.15.amd64.msi).
- Open the Control Panel (easy way: click in the Windows search on your task bar, type “Control Panel,” then click the icon).
- In the
Control Panel, search for
Edit the System Environment Variables. Then click the
- In the
System Variablessection, you will need to either edit an existing
PATHvariable. If you’re editing an existing
PATH, the values are presented on separate lines in the edit dialog. Add Python path Ex:
pythonis installed with the command
npm install -g node-gyp
- Install node package for Windows (It takes a while, be patient).
npm install --global --production windows-build-tools
- Install project dependencies.
How to run
npm run electron:serve
How to build
npm run electron:build
For implementing new actions it is necessary to modify the file
- Add the action name to the list
- Create one the function with the funcionallity to launch the action.
- Add the function to the
- If it's necessary, create a function to reverse the action and add it to the
- Electron - The Framework used for creating the multiplatform app
- PugJS - Template Engine
- SASS - CSS extension language
- Face-api.js - Used for face detection
- Nerea Sainz De La Maza (@nereasainzdelamaza)
- José Ignacio Escribano (@jiep)
- Jorge Cuadrado Sáez (@jorcuad)
- Ruth González Novillo (@RuthGnz)
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details