Indexing Astronomical Software
This is the organisational repository for the joint AAS/GitHub workshop on indexing astronomical software generously supported by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
GitHub, 88 Colin P Kelly Jr St, San Francisco, CA 94107. Google maps
27 & 28 April 2015
Flying in to SFO is recommended - GitHub's offices are
25 mins in a cab ($50) from the airport. There's also a regular BART train from SFO to Mongomery St station which is about 15 mins walk from the GitHub office.
The Park Central Hotel is within walking distance of the GitHub offices and currently has a very good rate available (~$200/night). Assuming we're paying your expenses (you should know if we are) then we'll cover up to $300 per night (including tax).
We'll provide breakfast, lunch and dinner on Monday (27th) and breakfast and lunch on Tuesday (28th). Please let us know if you have any dietary preferences.
Please note, this is an invite-only event. Current participants:
|Alice Allen||ASCL||Sunday, 10:15 AM||Tuesday, 10:29 PM|
|Lars Holm Nielsen||Zenodo||Saturday afternoon||Thursday afternoon|
|Megan Potter||AAS||Sunday evening||Thursday noon|
|Thomas Robitaille||The Astropy Project/MPIA|
|Arfon Smith||GitHub||Sunday 2pm||Wednesday am|
- 7pm Sunday evening dinner @ Oola SF.
- 08:30 Arrivals & breakfast, 1st floor GitHub HQ
- 09:30 Introductions/setting the scene
- 10:00 2 min introductions by attendees, review of workshop homework
- 11:00 Working group assignments
- 12:00 Break for lunch
- 13:00 Working group breakout and discussion
- 15:00 Coffee/snacks
- 17:00 Working group report back
- 18:30 Working dinner @ GitHub plus drinks at the GitHub bar
- 09:00 Breakfast @ GitHub HQ
- 10:00 Day one review and drafting of work statements
- 12:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Finish