This repository demonstrates how to manage custom IPython profile, Jupyter kernel, and matplotlib rc/style in a pipenv's environment using pipenv-analysis-configs. Pipenv and other virtual environment tools are useful to create an independent Python environment, however, they (of course) don't manage configs of third-party Python packages within the environment. pipenv-analysis-configs is series of shell scripts to create such configs within the environment, independent of default configs usually installed under your home directory. This repository makes use of pipenv-analysis-configs as a submodule (etc) to demonstrate the usage of it. It also hosts pipenv files (Pipfile, Pipfile.lock) as examples so that you can start to setup a Python environment for some data analysis.
This will create a Python 3.7 environment including IPython, Jupyter, NumPy, pandas, and matplotlib. It also create environment-tied IPython profile, Jupyter kernel, matplotlib rc/style in the project directory.
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/astropenguin/pipenv-analysis-startup.git $ cd pipenv-analysis-startup $ pipenv install $ etc/configure
- astropenguin/pipenv-analysis-configs -- Create IPython, Jupyter, matplotlib custom configs in a Pipenv's environment
- Overview of the IPython configuration system — IPython documentation
- Installing the IPython kernel -- IPython documentation
- Custom Script Shortcuts — pipenv documentation
- Automatic Loading of .env -- pipenv documentation