Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Ares is a mod aimed expanding the tools available to Zeus so that it is possible to create more varied and compelling missions. The goal is to add simple useful functionality to Zeus without requiring any extra mods running on other clients or the server.
Ares is designed to work with dedicated servers which may be running missions that allow JIP and respawn. The new functionality it is aimed at running with trusted players in a structured mission and is not recommended for general 'public server' play.
This mod uses some code from other mods and game scripts. See the License page for details.
As of V.1.8.0 Ares requires @CBA_A3 for some functionality. Please ensure it is running alongside @Ares if you are using Zeus. Clients that aren't running @Ares (e.g. non-zeus players) do not need to run @CBA_A3.
You can download the latest version of CBA from the developer website here: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/releases/latest
Ares is also featured on:
Quick videos of how to use the modules included in 1.0.0.
Quick Feature List
- New Compositions introducing many more pre-created bases and obstacles for use in your missions.
- Expanded control over unit behaviours and equipment including:
- Ability to make enemy (or friendly) AI units surrender
- Building searching
- Garrisoning buildings
- Controlling flashlight and NVG use
- Firing artillery
- Generating patrol routes
- And more...
- Added ability to teleport friendly players and to create teleporters to allow them to move themselves between specific points in the mission (great for JIP players).
- Ability to save and load your own Zeus-placed structures via clipboard for re-use between missions
- Ability to save and load your custom Arsenal ammobox loadouts via the clipboard for re-use between missions
- Ability for Zeus to become invisible (and invincible) to watch over players unseen.
- Easy-to-use reinforcements (or attackers) that get to the battlefield on their own transport
- Full compatibility with Dedicated servers and JIP missions
- Ability to add custom mission-specific spawns which can be placed and controlled through Zeus
- No other mods required. Everything is done with vanilla ARMA commands.
- And more...
See the full list of modules here.
- Only the player who is playing as Zeus needs to run the @Ares mod. Other clients and the server do not need to run anything to take advantage of Ares.
- Most of the new functionality is available from the 'Modules' menu in Zeus (new categories indicated by the Ares icon):
- Check out the Modules wiki page for more details on how to use the specific features found here.
There are also a number of compositions made for easy placement in game. More details on these are available from the Compositions wiki page.
Help / Bug Reporting
Please use the GitHub Issues section to report any known issues and to make suggestions.
When making bug reports please try to provide detailed repro steps and be sure to mention what kind of server you're running on (single player, local multiplayer, dedicated multiplayer). This helps us spend less time trying to reproduce issues and more time actually fixing things.
The roadmap for Ares is also tracked via milestones on the issue tracker. Keep in mind things are often in flux and subject to change.
You can download the latest bleeding-edge version of the mod before an official release by grabbing the files Directly from the depot or by building the source from this depot yourself. Use these files at your own risk. They will often contain bugs and partially-implemented features.