Project for CodePath Android class.
WhipperSnapper is an app that connects senior citizens with volunteers to help them with everyday tasks. Whether it's moving furniture, tech support, or just having a card-playing partner, WhipperSnapper provides individual help to enable seniors to live comfortably without expensive caretakers. WhipperSnapper is a TaskRabbit app powered by the good will of the community. Volunteers can help as frequently as they want according to their own availability, without the entrance barrier of long-term commitment.
- Users can create profiles of their contact information.
- User can attach/take a photo to their profile.
- Seniors can posts tasks to the server.
- Seniors can attach/take a photo to their task.
- Seniors can cancel task requests.
- Volunteers can use a map interface to find tasks near them.
- Volunteers can use a list view to find nearby tasks.
- Seniors and volunteers can enter a chat with each other for exchanging questions and details.
- Seniors receive a system notification when a volunteer offers help for a task.
- Seniors can accept or decline an offer of help. Volunteers can decline their help offer.
- GPS will locate the user as a starting point for searches/task posts.
This demo shows:
- (The first screen with the "I'm a senior" and "I'm a volunteer" buttons got cut in the recording.)
- Senior user signing up, taking a photo for their profile pic and then changing to an uploaded one.
- Senior user creating a task, selecting the "Computer / Tech Help" category and filling in details.
- Senior takes an optional photo to attach to the task.
- Senior sets the location based on the map, then switches back to using their home address.
- Senior creates task and arrives at the waiting page.
- (Volunteer sign up is skipped since it is identical to the senior user sign up.)
- The volunteer's first page shows a map of their location and nearby task requests.
- The volunteer can also look at a list view of nearby task requests.
- The volunteer selects a task from the map view, an info window shows up. Clicking it takes the volunteer to the task details page.
- The volunteer clicks on "Offer to do this task" and goes to a chat room.
- (Off screen on a second device, the senior receives a system notification to open the chat room.)
- The users talk in a chat room.
- (Off screen, the senior user also has an "Accept" button.)
- When the senior clicks the accept button, the chat room closes and the task address information is displayed.
- (Off screen) When leaving the chat room, the senior goes back to the "Create a task" activity and the volunteer goes back to the "Find a task" activity.