Real-time Map displays real-time positions of public transport vehicles in Helsinki. It's a showcase for Proto.Actor - an ultra-fast distributed actors solution for Go, C#, and Java/Kotlin.
This repository contains the Go version of the sample
The app features:
- Real-time positions of vehicles.
- Vehicle trails.
- Geofencing notifications (vehicle entering and exiting the area).
- Vehicles in geofencing areas per public transport company.
- Horizontal scaling.
The goals of this app are:
- Showing what Proto.Actor can do.
- Presenting a semi-real-world use case of the distributed actor model.
- Aiding people in learning how to use Proto.Actor.
- Go 1.18+
- node.js 17+
- Create an account on Mapbox.
- Copy a token from: main dashboard / access tokens / default public token.
- Paste the token in
cd backend go run main.go
cd frontend npm install npm run serve
The app is available on localhost:8080.
Please refer to the .NET version README for a detailed description of the architecture.