Atchai.com marketing website based on Hugo. There is a full write up on the Atchai blog. This is just a standard Hugo project with the following modifications:
- Custom theme in theme/atchai
- Markdown content in /content
- Static content (e.g. images) in /static
- Hugo config in /config.toml
- Werker config in /wercker.yml
- Prose.io config in /prose.yml
- S3 redirect rules in redirects.xml
git clone https://github.com/atchai/atchai-hugo
- Install Hugo: http://gohugo.io/overview/installing/
- Run local development server, watching filesystem for changes and live reloading in browser
hugo server --watch --verbose
- Install npm modules by
- Build js and css:
- To watch for sass changes, in another terminal, run
# Generate assets w/ sourcemaps, and watch enabled gulp # Generate assets w/ sourcemaps, watch disabled gulp build # Generate assets w/o sourcemaps, for production deployments NODE_ENV=production gulp build
- SVG Icons are generated by icomoon app (chrome extension here).
- You may add more icons by unpacking
selections.jsonin icomoon app.
- It will load your currently selected icons in pack, allows you to add/update more icons.
- When you're done, download svg zip from app, and place it in
./misc, rename the zip to
Usage is illustrated here.
Wercker has been set up to generate the static site, then deploy to Amazon S3.
The site is currently automatically deployed to: http://stage.atchai.com
Adding / editing content with Prose.io
Prose.io will connect to the Github repo, allow you to add/edit content of the site, and then commit these changes. Once your changes are committed and pushed, Wercker will automatically deploy.
- Go to http://prose.io
- Log into Github and select the appropriate repo
- You will land in the "/content" directory, can add or edit any file within here.
- Filenames are generated automatically from titles.
- URLs are generated in order of precedence from the URL metadata, then the filename.
- Images will be uploaded into static/images
- Use the "metadata" button on the RH pane to set the front matter.
- Use the "preview" button on the RH pane to check the formatting - this will not apply the real website theme.
- To publish, use the "save" button on the RH pane. Enter a short commit message to describe your changes.
- Wait approx 1 minute and the site will be rebuilt and deployed.