The Open Source Java Solution for FIXatdl
atdl4j is an open source and not-for-profit Java implementation of FIXatdl, the FIX Protocol Algorithmic Trading Definition Language standard developed by FIX Protocol Limited (FPL).
Please see the atdl4j Homepage for an overview.
- Compatible with Java 6 and upper versions
- Displays algo input screens based on the latest industry-standard FIXatdl 1.1 XML schema
- Reads and generates algorithm-specific FIX message content
- Can be integrated into a trading system, or run as a standalone testing/validation tool.
- Supports the full set of UI widgets defined in FIXatdl 1.1
- Support for message validation and widget state rules (such as show/hide and enable/disable.)
- Supports strategy filtering, customizable settings, and context-specific views (for example Cancel/Replace mode)
- Written in the Java language using standard libraries.
- Both Swing and SWT user interfaces are available, using shared base classes.
- Source code can be modified to support in-house FIXatdl schema extensions
If you wish to contribute code to atdl4j:
- Fork the atdl4j project on GitHub
- Commit your changes to your fork
- Raise a pull request, which will be reviewed by the atdl4j core team
If you are new to git source control and/or Github, please visit the Github Help Page
Docs and downloads are available at the atdl4j Wiki
Running the testing apps:
mvn.bat exec:java -Pswing
mvn.bat exec:java -Pswt
FIX Engine Integration
Please note that atdl4j is NOT a FIX engine for sending and receiving orders over the wire. Rather, atdl4j draws order entry screens from FIXatdl templates and gets/sets their FIX parameter values.
If you are intending to implement a full-stack trading system with FIX order capability, you will additionally require a FIX engine such as the open-source QuickFIX/J.
- Scott Atwell, American Century
- John Shields
- Danilo Tuler, Investtools
- Renato Gallart, Investtools
atdlj is licensed under the MIT license. Refer to LICENSE file for details
FIX Protocol and FIXatdl are trademarks or service marks of FIX Protocol Limited