A VFP class to process CSV files.
- Imports data from CSV files and strings
- Automatically generates a cursor (or a table in a database)
- Appends to existing cursor
- Field mapping and filtering
- Also accepts headerless CSV files
- CSV files may have more than 254 columns, and lines more than 8192 characters
- Reads Memo-like fields, including multiline fields
- Also detects Integer, Double, Logical, Varchar(), Date, and Datetime data
- Date and Datetime source data defined by format patterns
- Binary columns may be hex or base64 encoded in import and export methods
- Sensitive to UNICODE encodings (LittleEndian, BigEndian, and UTF-8)
- Exports to CSV files using the same import settings
- Exports (but does not import) General fields
- See UNLICENSE.
- In a project, include csv.prg and its dependencies
DO LOCFILE('csv.prg')to put the class in scope
- Create an object, and use it (see DOCUMENTATION for more info).
CSVProcessordepends on the Namer class.
- Test, use, fork, improve.
- Review, suggest, and comment.
- An initial version of this class benefited from a generous contribution and thoughtful insights of Dmitry Litvak.