"Event scheduling" dashlet for Alfresco Share
This extension allows you to plan events (http://www.doodle.com like) directly from a Share dashlet (the dashlet can be added, either on a user or on a site dashboard).
Works with: Alfresco Community & Enterprise 4.2.x / 5.0.x / 5.1.x / 5.2.x
Building the module
Check out the project if you have not already done so
git clone git://github.com/atolcd/alfresco-event-scheduling.git
This project uses the Alfresco Maven SDK. It will produce a platform AMP and a Share AMP.
To build AMP files, run the following command from the base project directory:
Installing the module
This extension is a standard Alfresco Module, so experienced users can skip these steps and proceed as usual.
Use the Alfresco Module Management Tool to install the modules in your Alfresco and Share WAR files:
java -jar alfresco-mmt.jar install event-scheduling-alfresco-vX.X.X.amp $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/alfresco.war -force java -jar alfresco-mmt.jar install event-scheduling-share-vX.X.X.amp $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/share.war -force
Caution: please ensure you do not have unsaved custom files in the webapp folders before deleting.
You may set which site roles can create events in a site. By default it is only allowed by SiteManagers.
Configure more site roles by adding the EventScheduling section to
<config evaluator="string-compare" condition="EventScheduling"> <groups> <group>SiteManager</group> <group>SiteCollaborator</group> <group>SiteContributor</group> </groups> </config>
Using the module
Add the dashlet on your (site/user) dashboard.
Who can plan events?
- In a site, by default only managers can schedule events (configurable)
- From the user dashlet, only administrators and members of the "Event Planners" group (GROUP_EVENT_SCHEDULED_CREATORS) can plan an event.
The "Event Planners" group is created during the bootstrap of the module, by default, it does not contains any user. You are free to decide who will be able to create events.
Events can be:
- private : restricted to a limited number of users (groups/users picker)
- public : all users can view these events and give their availabilities
Each participant can give its availabilities from the dashlet or from a standalone page.
Notifications can be sent:
- Ability to notify participants when an event has been created (private events only)
- Ability to send a reminder to a specific participant or to all the participants (action only accessible by the creator of the event)
A list of indicators are displayed next to each event in the dashlet:
- a flag that indicates if the user has given his availabilities (yes / no / partially)
- an indicator that specifies if the event was created from a site
- an expiration indicator (if a validity date has been set)
- a flag that indicates if it's or not an archived event
A participant can:
- view event details
- give its availabilities
- check availabilities of others participants
The creator of an event can:
- edit the event (edit metadata and/or add dates or groups/users)
- send reminders to a specific participant or to all the participants
- delete event
- archive/restore event
- see event history
This extension is licensed under
GNU Library or "Lesser" General Public License (LGPL).
Created by: [Bertrand FOREST] (https://github.com/bforest)
Dashlet created for the 2012 Alfresco Dashlet Challenge.