Teletype for Atom
An Atom package that lets developers share their workspace with team members and collaborate on code in real time.
Learn more at teletype.atom.io.
Install Atom 1.22 or newer
In the terminal, install the package via apm:
apm install teletype
- Install Atom 1.22 or newer
- Launch Atom
- Open Settings View using Cmd+, on macOS or Ctrl+, on other platforms
- Click the Install tab on the left side
teletypein the search box and press Enter
- Click the "Install" button that appears
This package is powered by three main components:
- teletype-crdt: The string-wise sequence CRDT that enables peer-to-peer collaborative editing.
- teletype-server: The server-side application that facilitates peer discovery.
- teletype-client: The editor-agnostic library that manages the interaction with other clients.
To run teletype tests locally, you'll first need to have:
- Atom 1.22 or later
- Node 7+
- PostgreSQL 9.x
Clone and bootstrap
git clone https://github.com/atom/teletype.git cd teletype createdb teletype-test apm install
Run the tests
atom --test test