"Best Development Practices and Patterns Using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Phone"
This project contains the C# source code of the CrossGIS demo app developed for the Esri DevSummit 2013 Session : "Best Development Practices and Patterns Using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Phone"
This application demonstrates how to share code logic across Microsoft platforms and device form factors. By following common MVVM principles and practices we manage the reuseability of ViewModels across the various platform Views (WP7, WP8, WPF). Portable class libraries are also used, where possible, in order to be able to easily share our business logic across platforms.
- Fork and then clone the repo or download the .zip file.
- Download the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Phone (requires Esri Global account).
- Copy the WP SDK dlls under the Libs/WP7 folder
- Download the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF.
- Copy the WPF SDK dlls under the Libs/WPF folder
- In Visual Studio, open the solution CrossGIS.sln. If necessary, repair the references to the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs.
- Clean and build the solution, then run the application.
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Phone Resource Center
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Phone download (requires Esri Global account)
- [Cross-Platform Development with the .NET Framework (Portable class libraries)] (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg597391.aspx)
- [Post describing WP7/WP8 Referer issue in detail] (http://atomaras.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/wp7-app-on-wp8-breaking-changes-part-1-webrequests-referer-changes/)
- [Building a Complete Cross- Platform MVVM App with MvvmCross] (http://www.geekchamp.com/articles/building-a-complete-cross--platform-mvvm-app-with-mvvmcross)
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute.
Copyright 2013 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.
(Esri Tags: DevSummit, 2013, Windows Phone, Esri, C#) (Esri Language: C#)