Prepares a machine to be an Omnibus builder.
This project is managed by the CHEF Release Engineering team. For more information on the Release Engineering team's contribution, triage, and release process, please consult the CHEF Release Engineering OSS Management Guide.
This cookbook requires Chef 11.0.0+.
For a full list of supported platforms and external cookbook requirements, please see the
metadata.rb file at the root of the cookbook.
The default recipe is the main entrypoint for the cookbook and does the following:
- Ensures all required Omnibus-related directories are created and owned by the build user.
- Ensures a sane build tool-chain is installed and configured (using the build-essential cookbook)
- Ensures git is installed (using the git cookbook)
- Includes a platform-specific recipe to apply additional tweaks as appropriate.
All other recipes should be treated as "private" and are not meant to be used individually. They only exist to support the
||The user to perform the Omnibus build|
||The directory to install Omnibus|
||The cache directory for Omnibus|
omnibus::default recipe in your node's run list and override the cookbook's default attributes as desired. At the very least you will want to override
node['omnibus']['install_dir'] to match the installation directory of your Omnibus project.
You can run the tests in this cookbook using Rake:
rake integration # Run Test Kitchen integration tests rake style # Run all style checks rake style:chef # Lint Chef cookbooks rake style:ruby # Run Ruby style checks rake travis:ci # Run tests on Travis
License & Authors
- Author: Seth Vargo (email@example.com)
- Author: Yvonne Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Author: Seth Chisamore (email@example.com)
- Author: Stephen Delano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright 2012-2014, Chef Software, Inc. (<email@example.com>) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.