This tool provides a 'WhatsApp-like' group discussion forum from a popup on your website. It is good for feedback, but can also be used as a live discussion tool, or a CRM. We actually run our entire operation off one page with several of these popups on it.
See the demo at AtomJump
You are most welcome to adjust the styling by making changes to the CSS file for your project.
With bower from within the root of your project path:
bower install atomjump
Run atomjump/index.html in your browser. You should see a 'Click me for comments' link. Click this to see the pop-up. For Wordpress instructions, see below.
Look carefully at the index.html example.
The code between
<!-- AtomJump Feedback Starts -->
<!-- AtomJump Feedback Ends -->
should be put into your page's
Links can be added to the comments with
must be placed anywhere in the
Note: jQuery ver 1.9.1 is used. Other jQuery versions will likely work also.
Adjust 'uniqueFeedbackId' value to a unique value to suit your forum. This can be unique per page or the same throughout the whole site.
Obtain the 'myMachineUser' value by following the sub-steps below:
- Entering an email/Password
- Click save
- Clicking: 'Your password', then 'Advanced'
- Copy the myMachineUser into the myMachineUser value in your html file.
This ensures only you as a logged in user will receive messages from your site.
- If you wish to, you can enter your mobile phone number under Settings to receive SMS messages when there are any messages (at a cost of 16c per message. Messages within 5 minutes of each other do not trigger an SMS). If you want to include an sms modify the myMachineUser string on your page to include the 3rd term 'sms' e.g. "123.456.123.32:1200:sms". If you don't include an 'sms', or the server does not include this option, you won't receive sms messages.
We do not currently support SMS messages via the atomjump.com/api server.
To have more than one messaging forum on a single page
You can do this three different ways. The simplest is to set the link's href to '"#comment-open-' followed by the forum name:
<a href="#comment-open-my_different_forum_name">Open special forum</a>
Or, you can add the 'comment-open' class to a link with an 'id' referring to the forum name:
Or, for further control over the owner of the forum, you can add the following data tags, and enter your own names/ips:
To open a Shortmail enabled forum
You can add the 'shortmail' data tag e.g.
Or, you can use an href "#shortmail-open-" class:
<a href="#email-open-my_shortmail_forum_name">Open shortmail forum</a>
To add more than one user to receive messages
Open the messaging forum in your browser.
- Entering an email/Password
- Click save
- Clicking: 'More', then 'Advanced'
- Edit the 'This forum's private owners' and put in each email separated by a comma.
Note: you can also add individuals with their ip/user id. In this case 'sms' can be added individually to each user to optionally send an sms also, provided the server supports this (currently atomjump.com/api does not).
To change the theme
to the ajFeedback object.
Note: your css file must be on an https server, if your server is using https.
To download a forum's messages programmatically
or for atomjump.com's web-service:
- email Your AtomJump Loop email address from the standard interface
Your AtomJump Loop password
The particular forum to view. Note: include 'ajps_' at the start of this string for x.atomjump.com forums.
There is a limit of 2000 records per request. To download more, include the 'id' of the last record, from the previous download request, in this field.
Which returns a JSON object. Included for reporting is a 'sentiment' field which measures how positive the comment is (< 0 negative, 0= neutral, > 0 positive).
Getting a live sentiment
Include the following parameters along with 1,2, and 3 above.
Set to 'avg'
Period over which to average in seconds.
The response will be an average over the last period of all the message sentiment values. This will be expressed as a single number eg. 5.324. Note: it can take up to 1 minute before any new message's sentiment will be calculated.
- Install the 'Header and Footer' plugin.
- Install AtomJump using 'bower' as described above in your Wordpress folder.
- Go into 'Settings->Header and Footer', and enter the two sections below (adjusting any paths required to fit your installation)
- Any link's address (i.e. the 'href') on the page can now start with '#comment-open-', followed by the forum name and it will open a popup.
- Copy into the ' SECTION INJECTION' section:
- Copy into the 'BEFORE THE CLOSING TAG (FOOTER)' section:
<!-- Any link on the page can start with '#comment-open-', followed by the forum name and it will open a popup --> <div id="comment-holder"></div><!-- holds the popup comments. Can be anywhere between the <body> tags -->
For more details see https://atomjump.com