This is a "real world" example application, written entirely in F#. The goal is to create a best practice for building applications or at least give a reasonable manual to design one.
It's a very simple bank application.
Here you can
- Create/Read users
- Create/Read cards for those users
- Set daily limits for cards
- Top up balance
- Process payments (according to your current balance, daily limit and today's spendings)
To run this thing you'll need:
- .NET Core 2.2+
- Visual Studio 2017+ or VS Code with Ionide plugin or Rider with F# plugin
Database here is MongoDb, hosted in docker container.
So you just have to navigate to
docker folder and run
docker-compose up. That's it.
For web api
Giraffe framework is used. You can also play with it using
There are several projects in this solution, in order of referencing:
- CardManagement.Common. Self explanatory, I guess.
- CardManagement. This is a business logic project, a core of this application. Domain types, actions and composition root for this layer
- CardManagement.Data. Data access layer. Contains entities, db interaction functions and composition root for this layer.
- CardManagement.Infrastructure. In here you'll find a global composition root, logging, app configuration functions.
- CardManagement.Console/CardManagement.Api. Entry point for using global composition root from infrastructure.