Another release for FreeLarn, this release fixes some bugs and further coding improvements:
- Removed showing spells when reading a Prayer Book and replaced with
suitable alternative text and benefits.
- Fixed death text and integer for starving to death.
- Modified death texts to make sense after 'killed by' sentence.
- Removed more redundant C-style ints.
- Removed aur Makefile.
- Removed JsonCPP and replaced with an MIT ConfigReader
Author credited and License is added in 'docs'.
- Removed 'json' folder and added config header in 'config'.
- Renamed fl_config.json to fl_config.cfg.
- Fixed a bug for the maze generation where the player would
always spawn next to a mob room.
- Fixed a bug where the openin of the door would overlap
the 'LVL' field on the text drawing area.
- Converted codebase to C++11 and moved around some
variables to correctly extern them.
- Removed all config files (because it was a C++17 header).
- Removed the last of the preprocessor macros and converted
them to constants and one to a static function.
- Fixed a bug where the door text would overlap the stat bar.
- Removed all inline variables and functions and replaced with
templated functions instead.
- New file 'FLTTerm.hpp' which contains templates for terminal
- Removed unused legacy variables and converted some inlines
- Removed [[fallthrough]] but left as a comment to see when
statements fall through.
- Optimised makefiles to supress fallthrough warning.
- Removed D&D monsters and replaced with folklore monsters:
Umber Hulk replaced with Unktehi (Lakota folklore),
Rust Monster replaced with Ragana (Lithuanian folklore),
Gelatinous Cube replaced with Gytrash (English folklore),
Invisible Stalker replaced with Invisible Diwata (Philippine folklore).
- Changed a few stats on the new monsters to be more like their
- Gytrash has a chance to summon a monster if HP is less than 10.
- Fixed a crash where a bad maze was being read. Temporarily
reduced mazes to '2' (read from the char).
- Removed all config files and hardcoded the original default stats.
As always (for GNU/Linux systems) you'll need to make the binary executable