Zodiac is an Astrological software for personal use.
- Contains different views of horoscope: classical chart, planets view and plain text;
- Provides detail information about each element of horoscope;
- Uses 9 house systems and over 40 aspects for horoscope calculation;
- Allows to view tropical and sidereal zodiacs;
- Compact, dock-based user interface;
- Includes Swiss Ephemeris © library;
- English & Russian language support.
``Zodiac` project consists of following parts:
zodiac- front-end application with tab interface and user-defined files management;
astroprocessor- library with classes for astrological calculations and settings management;
swe- Swiss Ephemeris Library. Provides positions of planets, houses etc;
chart- library for making natal chart;
plain- library for making simple text view of horoscope;
planets- library for making planets viewer;
details- library for displaying planet properties;
fileeditor- library for editing horoscope data.
Content of subdirs:
- bin/ - executable, libraries and other application files.
- bin/i18n/ - localization files for all projects;
- bin/images/ - various astrological images used in application
- bin/style/ - CSS and icons for application
- bin/text/ - interpretations of astrological items
- bin/user/ - collection of user files (File->Open & File->Save)
- bin/swe/ - files used by Swiss Ephemeris library;
- chart/, fileeditor/, plain/, planets/, details/, astroprocessor/, swe/, zodiac/ - subprojects
- nsis/ - files for Nullsoft Scriptable Install System
Requirement: Qt > 4.8 (works in Qt 4.8.2 and in Qt 5.3 as well).
Method 1: automatic bundle build
This method will produce a single executable file with integrated project libraries.
Open zodiac/zodiac_bundle.pro in Qt Creator, select a build configuration (Debug or Release) then build (Ctrl+B).
Method 2: automatic separate build (Windows only)
Open all.pro in Qt Creator, and build it as usual. It will produce a main executable (zodiac) with a few dynamic libraries.
Method 3: manual build
This is a variation of 'method 2' that supposes manual building of all subprojects. Open projects in QtCreator and build them manually in the following order:
1. swe/swe.pro 2. astroprocessor/astroprocessor.pro 3. chart/chart.pro fileeditor/fileeditor.pro plain/plain.pro planets/planets.pro planets/details.pro 4. zodiac/zodiac.pro
Run on Windows:
To run application on Windows after build, put following Qt libraries into app directory:
imageformats/qgif.dll imageformats/qico.dll imageformats/qjpeg.dll platforms/qwindows.dll
In Qt 5.2, they are located in C:\Qt\5.2.1\mingw48_32\plugins.
For more information, visit