Essem is a server that accepts, stores, indexes, and graphs metrics as supplied
by Dropwizard Metrics. It
uses an Elasticsearch ® instance for storing and selecting data for graphs.
ScheduledReporter is provided
to allow applications to periodically push metrics to Essem.
Essem can also be configured to poll endpoints that expose metrics in the JSON format defined by
JSON documents in this same format may also be
PUT to the server.
Graphs of reported metrics can be queried using a JSON API. Essem also provides a querying and graphing console that makes it fast and easy to find and examine any metric field at various resolutions. Charts are generated by MetricsGraphics.js, based on D3.
- Authenticated HTTP(s) Reporting API
- Authenticated HTTP(s) Graph API
- Supports counters, gauges, histograms, meters, and timers.
- Metrics organized by application, host and type.
- Graph console provides search and filters to quickly find and graph metrics at various resolutions.
- On-the-fly, server-side downsampling with selectable windows and functions.
- Reporters may supply timestamps to allow historical data to be indexed.
- Application-specific data retention policy.
- Storage/capacity limited only by the capacity of the connected Elasticsearch instance/cluster.
The build requires maven, e.g.