People upload their art to platforms like Instagram, DeviantArt, Behnace. What if people digitally buy their art as a means to support the creator, like a patron. The flow would be along these lines:
- Seller advertises a product that becomes an NFT on-chain. Once all the details, bill etc. are uploaded, the NFT is up for sale.
- People send off-chain signed bids to buy the product.
- When seller accepts a bid, the buyer's amount goes into an escrow contract.
- The delivery boy delivers the product and asks them to digitally sign "Received", only then the payment is released to the seller and NFT goes to buyer's account.
- Pay only a small amount for a digital copy of the art, like the art tokens.
- May also list who all owned an artwork in the past, thus adding value to it.
- USP: a very cool on-boarding flow for the art creator.
- There are blockchain collectors as well and they might be willing to pay huge amounts just because they like the creator.
- May invite people like Franky as round 1 artists to put up their art.
- What are NFTs?
- zk-SNARKs from scratch
- Pixura: An idea similar to ours.
- State-channel terminology
- Ethereum state-channel games