Final Assignment for Data Structures Course
This project represents the culmination of the Fall 2017 Data Structures course at Parsons/New School as part of the curriculum for the MS in Data Visualization program.
This project consisted of 2 final sub-projects building on earlier class assignments:
- scraping, parsing and geocoding Alcoholics Anonymous meetings from raw text files
- designing a new data model
- building, maintaining and interfacing with MongoDB
- creating a map-based interface
- programming a Particle Photon sensor utilizing accelerometer and hall (magnetic) sensors.
- setting up sensor to collect 1 months worth of data (recording refrigerator activity).
- designing data model to store sensor readings
- built, maintain and interface with Amazon RDS.
- create API endpoint on Amazon EC2 server to get sensor readings
- connect sensor data to a prototyped user interface tracking refrigerator usage.
Part 1 can be found here.
Part 2 can be found here.