Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
- Audacity now includes the LAME MP3 encoder.
- There is a new Select button in the track panel to select the whole track.
- Audacity mod-script-pipe for driving Audacity from Python now comes with Audacity and it can be enabled via preferences.
- Over 20 bugs fixed since 2.3.1. The most serious bug was that Audacity 2.3.1 would crash if append-recording to a collapsed track.
Support for 64-bit macOS. Linux is back. About 25 bugs fixed (since 2.3.1)
- Options and preferences:
- Microfades are now an opt-in feature. They were always on in 2.3.0.
- The advanced vertical zooming option is now available in the View->Zoom menu.
- Regular interval labels now support range labels.
Windows and Mac ONLY
Post release we found serious issues with the Linux builds of Audacity 2.3.0 (read 'it crashes'). So we have withdrawn the release of 2.3.0 on Linux. We are investigating fixes to make for 2.3.1. Meanwhile on Linux please use 2.2.2 or join us on the Audacity devel mailing list to dig into the issues and help us correct them.
Many new features and over 90 bugs fixed (since 2.2.2)
- New feature – “Punch and Roll Recording”
- Pinned-play-head can now be repositioned by dragging
- Play-at-speed now can be adjusted whilst playing.
- Toolbars controlling volume and speed can now be resized for greater precision
- Macros (formerly ‘Chains’) substantially extended
- New Macro palette
- Macros can be bound to keyboard keys
- New commands
- New ‘Tools’ menu
- New ‘Scriptables’ commands
- Nyquist gains AUD-DO command
- Nyquist effects are now translatable and translated
- More dialogs have help buttons now
- Increased legibility of trackname display
- Half-wave option for collapsed tracks
- Sliding Stretch
- Dialog (option) for entering labels
- Added dropout detection
- Added Zoom Toggle, and Vertical Zoom menu
- "Ext-Bar" and "Ext-Command" consolidated into the "Extra" menu
- Tweaks to appearance/contrast of some icons
- Fast access to menu key bindings
- Language names using unicode characters
- Many bug fixes, including two serious/critical bugs