Codename: Green Dingo
Until someone comes up with a better name
- Ember for MVC and Routing
- Grunt for build, serve, livereload
- NPM for Node/Grunt dependencies
- Bower of Ember/JS dependencies
- Handlebars for HTML templates
- SASS for css
- Font-Awesome for icons
You may already have some if not all of these installed on your system
- NodeJS to run Bower/Grunt
- Bower install third-party frontend dependencies (font-awesome, bourbon, bootstrap, etc)
- Grunt builds a production-server distribution ('dist' folder), watches for file-changes to auto-rebuild, and serves the website for dev-environments locally with support for livereload.
- Ruby to run Compass
- Compass compiles sass/scss into css (it's hard to escape ruby's asset-building tools)
apt-get install nodejs npm install -g bower npm install -g grunt-cli apt-get install ruby gem install compass
npm install bower install grunt build grunt serve
Now you have a live server on 0.0.0.0:9000 (bound to all interfaces, not just localhost)
If running as root (eg: in a docker container), bower will want a --allow-root flag.
On Ubuntu, you may have to install nodejs-legacy after the nodejs package.