midi@3:14 is a home-made electronic keyboard for playing music.
This repository is no longer maintained. Its content has been split into separate repositories available under the Tiliosys organization.
The midi@3:14 keyboard has the following characteristics:
- Jankó layout with 3 rows of 14 keys.
- A function key, to assign special functions to the other keys.
- 5 potentiometers,
- USB-MIDI interface.
See the following files for more details:
The keyboard is equiped with an Arduino Pro Micro module. The firmware converts user actions into MIDI events using the MIDIUSB library.
The source files for the Arduino IDE are located in the firmware folder.
The software folder contains the programs that can be run on a computer to play music and record loops.
- midi314-display shows the current state of the keyboard (selected program, loop states).
- midi314-looper records and plays loops, and is controlled by MIDI events from the keyboard.
These programs are written in Rust and use Jack as the audio and MIDI interface.
The scripts folder contains a sample configuration for using the midi@3:14 keyboard and software with fluidsynth. Fluidsynth 2 is recommended for monophonic instruments and breath controller support. The following commands in the fluidsynth shell :
setbreathmode 0 0 1 1 setlegatomode 0 1
- Add metronome.
- Use metronome as a reference for the looper.
- Overdub in looper.
- Add effects.
- Record loop to a file.
- Try alternative synthesizers.
- Find a solution for safe power-off.
- Raspberry Pi: reduce boot time.
- Raspberry Pi: fix unresponsive keyboard for several seconds on boot.
- Check issue with volume after recording several loops.