This repository hosts the server code for the WVU PRT Status (https://prtstat.us) project. The server is currently hosted on Google App Engine (https://wvuprtstatus-ec646.appspot.com/) and works well within Google's generous free tier.
This project is built with many different technologies, including (but not limited to) the following:
- PRT Status API - WVU's UR-Web offers an API which they use to pull PRT status on Portal and other WVU sites
- Go - a highly efficient and scalable language
- Google App Engine - a perfect match for Go; a highly scalable and available PaaS
- Google Cloud Datastore - a fast and highly scalable database solution by Google
- Pure.css - a minimal response CSS web framework by Yahoo
- Firebase Cloud Messaging - a realtime client messaging product by Google
- Pushbullet - a notification sync service, being used to provide a public notification channel so iOS users can receive notifications
- Weather Underground - Weather Underground's free API is used to collect weather information from the weather station installed on the Brooks Hall green roof.
Want to contribute to the project? Go right ahead! Fork this repo and browse the issues to find something that needs a fixin', or build and implement a new feature. If your code is sound and your pull request is well written, I'll accept the PR and the CI service will automatically push your code into production.