Polymer 2 App with Auth0
How to add Auth0's Centralized Login Page authentication to a Polymer 2 web app. Read the tutorial here: Build Your First App with Polymer and Web Components.
- Install the Polymer CLI:
npm install -g polymer-cli.
- Clone this repo into the folder of your choice.
bower installto install Bower components.
Integrate Your Auth0 Account
- Sign up for a free Auth0 account.
- In your Auth0 Dashboard, create a new client.
- Name your new app and select "Single Page Web Applications".
- In the Settings section for your newly created app, add
http://localhost:8080to the Allowed Callback URLs and Allowed Logout URLs.
- Open the
/src/auth0-login.htmlfile and replace the following with your app domain and client ID (found in Settings for your Auth0 app):
Serve the Polymer project from the project folder:
polymer serve (can be accessed in browser at http://localhost:8081, or add the
--open flag to auto-launch in your default browser)
What is Auth0?
Auth0 helps you to:
- Add authentication with multiple authentication sources, either social like Google, Facebook, Microsoft Account, LinkedIn, GitHub, Twitter, Box, Salesforce, amont others, or enterprise identity systems like Windows Azure AD, Google Apps, Active Directory, ADFS or any SAML Identity Provider.
- Add authentication through more traditional username/password databases.
- Add support for linking different user accounts with the same user.
- Support for generating signed Json Web Tokens to call your APIs and flow the user identity securely.
- Analytics of how, when and where users are logging in.
Create a free Auth0 account
- Go to Auth0.
- Use Google, GitHub or Microsoft Account to log in.
If you have found a bug or if you have a feature request, please report them at this repository issues section. Please do not report security vulnerabilities on the public GitHub issue tracker. The Responsible Disclosure Program details the procedure for disclosing security issues.
This project is licensed under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for more info.