Login by Auth0
This plugin replaces standard WordPress login forms with one powered by Auth0 that enables social, passwordless, and enterprise connection login as well as additional security, multifactor auth, and user statistics. Please see the WP.org plugin page for more details on functionality.
Please note: As of 9/28/2018, the
master branch is now the latest reviewed and tested functionality rather than the latest WP.org release. The code here should be considered pre-release and should not be used on production.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Support + Feedback
- Vulnerability Reporting
- What is Auth0
Please see the installation docs for detailed instructions on how to get started with Login by Auth0.
Please see the configuration docs for instructions on how to configure Login by Auth0 for your site. Once configured, you'll want to test:
- Existing user login
- New user signup (if allowed)
- SSO login (if used)
- Additional features like MFA, user migration, etc.
We recommend testing on a staging/development site first using a separate Auth0 Application before putting the plugin live on your production site. See the Support section below if you have any questions or issues during setup.
We appreciate feedback and contribution to this plugin! Before you get started, please see the following:
- Auth0's general contribution guidelines
- Auth0's code of conduct guidelines
- This repo's contribution guidelines
Support + Feedback
Include information on how to get support. Consider adding:
- Use Issues for code-level support
- Use Community for usage, questions, and specific cases
- You can also use the WP.org support forum for questions
Please do not report security vulnerabilities on the public GitHub issue tracker. The Responsible Disclosure Program details the procedure for disclosing security issues.
What is Auth0?
Auth0 helps you to easily:
- implement authentication with multiple identity providers, including social (e.g., Google, Facebook, Microsoft, LinkedIn, GitHub, Twitter, etc), or enterprise (e.g., Windows Azure AD, Google Apps, Active Directory, ADFS, SAML, etc.)
- log in users with username/password databases, passwordless, or multi-factor authentication
- link multiple user accounts together
- generate signed JSON Web Tokens to authorize your API calls and flow the user identity securely
- access demographics and analytics detailing how, when, and where users are logging in
Login by Auth0 is licensed under GPLv2 - LICENSE